Millers Honor Their Farm Heritage
Andrew Wagner and his father-in-law John Soliday purchased land in Walnut Township, Fairfield County, in 1806. Their land holdings were estimated to be about 600 acres, on which they raised fruit trees, corn, wheat, and hay. They also maintained pasture for cattle and horses, and produced sugar maple syrup. Their farm had one of the earliest sawmills in the county.
The current owner’s great-grandmother, Susan Wagner married Frank Miller, and they eventually acquired the farm.
Several of the original structures exist today, including the log cabin, 3 bank barns, 2 houses, a smokehouse and a summer kitchen. In 1978, the Miller Farm was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. An agricultural easement was placed on the farm in 2003.
Today, Steven and Deborah Miller own this 456-acre farm, which produces corn, soybeans and wheat.