McCormicks Help Build Adams County
In 1805, John McCormick moved to Scott Township on the West Fork of Brush Creek in Adams County. John and his family were grist and lumber millers by trade. The land was mainly used for running their mill, and they also raised crops.
The McCormick family ran a quarry and crushed limestone business in the early 1900s, along with their farming operation. They produced concrete blocks which were used for building within the community.
Today the farm is owned by Lois McCormick, her son John D., her son Bill and his wife Marsha. The farm is 531 acres, used for raising corn, soybeans, wheat, hay and tobacco and 65 crossbred herd cows for their calf-finishing operation.