Kepner-Caldwell Family Six Generations on Trumbull County Farm
The Caldwell farm was established in 1805 in Hartford Township, Trumbull County, by founder John Kepner. John traveled to Ohio on foot, and purchased 636 acres of land. His first log cabin was destroyed by fire, and a second dwelling was constructed.
John served in the War of 1812, and returned to his farm afterward. He and wife Elizabeth raised eleven children on the farm.
Dorothy Kepner Caldwell is the sixth generation of the Kepner family to own the farm.