Heisler Family Rooted in Williams County History
The pioneering Reichman Family –including father John Sr., and son John Jr. – arrived in Williams County and purchased land in St. Joseph Township in 1845. The family would later acquire more land to build a 160-acre farmstead.
The farm would later pass to John Jr.’s son, Noah, who would build a home around 1890 to replace the family’s original log cabin. This house, with its original mortis and tenon hand-hewn pinned beams and stone foundation, is still used by the family today.
Noah’s son, Harvey, inherited the farm and re-acquired a parcel which had been sold out of the family. Harvey’s action restored the farm to its present-day 120 acres.
The current owners, Allan and Norma Jean Heisler, represent the sixth generation of the family to own the farm. Congratulations to the Heisler family on registering their Ohio Century Farm.