Cromley Family Maintains Bicentennial Farm
Farm founder William Cromley purchased ground in Walnut Township in 1803 and continued to add land to the farm over time. The farm has remained in the family, and is today owned by the relatives of Dr. Curtis and Anna Cromley.
The Ohio Canal, used to transport grain before the rail system came through, borders the land. In 1876, the family gave right-of-way to the Norfolk and Western Railroad in exchange for them going through the farm.
The Cromley family owns a second historical farm in Pickaway County. Their Vanna Farm was founded in 1827, and is registered as an Ohio Century Farm.